violating newton's third law
- In this image, Bart and Homer Simpson are on a zero gravity ride. Bart then runs on Homer, causing him to spin, but he doesn't move from his position.
Where was a law of physics broken?
- Bart is applying force to Homer, but only Homer is experiencing the reaction.
- Newton's Third Law is violated.
- Newton's Third Law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- These forces never cancel out and focuses on a reaction between two objects, not only one.
What happened according to this image?
- According to this, image, only one person experiences a reaction from a force, which is false.
What should have happened?
- In this event, Bart and Homer should have experienced equal reactions to the force being applied.