violating the principles of projectile motion
- In this video, Wile E. Coyote launches himself up into the air using a giant rubber band that is fastened to two poles.
At 2:20 to 3:30, the coyote flings himself into the air.
Where was a law of physics broken?
- The coyote flung himself into the air and continued to fly in a straight line.
- The principles of projectile motion have been violated.
- Objects that are thrown or launched into the air and are subject to gravity are called projectiles.
- Projectiles follow parabolic trajectories.
- Because of gravity and the parabolic curves that projectiles follow, the objects fall downward.
What happened according to this video?
- According to this video, when projectiles are thrown, they resist gravity and do not follow the path of a projectile trajectory, causing it to continually move in a straight line.
What should have happened?
- According to the principles of projectile motion, the coyote should have slowly started to fall downward at a curve called a parabola instead of continuing to go straight.