Violating the laws of gravity
- In this video, Wile E. Coyote is being pushed off the cliff by Road Runner. Notice how the laws of gravitation are violated.
Wile E. Coyote is pushed off a cliff by Road Runner, completely ignoring Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation.
Where was a law of physics broken?
- The character walks off the edge of a cliff, remains suspended in midair, and doesn't fall until he realizes the situation that he’s in.
- Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is violated.
- According to this law, any two bodies attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
- In simpler terms, "what goes up must come down."
What happened according to this video?
- According to this video, any body suspended in space will remain in space, until made aware of its situation.
What should have happened?
- As soon as Wile E. Coyote was pushed off the cliff by Road Runner, he should have fallen down following the path of a projectile's trajectory.
- This should have happened because gravity is a downward acceleration that causes objects to accelerate down towards the earth (at a speed of 9.8 meters per second squared). Therefore, the coyote would not have been able to stand suspended in midair.